Our office is now open!
We have now opened our office for drop-off and pick-up. We encourage clients to wear masks since our office is small.
Benefits of Daycare
- Exercise and active engagement through ball or water play
- Positive reinforcement of basic skills
- Safe, fun environment
- 15,000 square feet indoor/outdoor play space
We also do Boarding!Learn More >>
- Daycare Evaluation - $30
- Daily Rate - $30
- Additional Dog (Same Household) - $22
- Lunch Service (dogs over 8 months of age) - $3
- 5 Visits - $140 - $28/day
- 10 Visits - $270 - $27/day
- 20 Visits - $520 - $26/day
All packages expire 6 months from date of purchase. Rates effective January 1, 2022.
- Daycare activity included
- Mid-day nap time
on Saturday, Sunday, and Holiday schedules only
- Full-size kennel suites complete with cot (4ft X 5ft, 4ft X 8ft, and 5ft X 8ft accommodations)
- Two feedings per day
- Sunday pick-up times available
- Bedtime tuck-in and treat
We also do Grooming!Learn More >>
- Nightly Rate - $55
- Half Day Boarding Rate - $28
- Holidays - Add $10
- Special Needs or Care Required - Additional charge applies
- Medication administration fee - $2 per day
- Standard Kennel Diet - $3 per day
- Canned Food - Additional charge applies
- Bedtime Treat - Included
- Probiotic Supplement - $1.50 per dose
- Fleece Bedding Rental - $5
Trial Boarding Night
- Happy Dog Spot offers a Trial Boarding Night to help to alleviate any anxiety you or your dog may have about boarding for the first time prior to an extended stay.
- Trial Night is scheduled Monday - Thursday by appointment only. Owner must be in town and available for pick up between 8 - 8:30pm if deemed necessary.
- Trial night dogs not picked up by 9am will be added to the daycare schedule and charged accordingly.
- Each dog must first pass the temperament evaluation and trial day of daycare prior to scheduling a Trial Night.
Schedule a departure service before your pup is picked up so he will be fresh and clean after all that playtime.
Boarding rates effective for Check-in after January 1, 2022.
Full Service Bath and Brush
Our Full Service Bath and Brush includes the following services:
- Massaging Shampoo
- Conditioning Rinse
- High-Velocity Blow Dry
- Hand Brushing
- Trimming of Feet
- Sanitary Trim
- Nail Trim with Grinding
- Ear Cleaning
- < 30 lbs - $30 - $45
- 30 – 49 lbs - $40 - $60
- 50 – 79 lbs - $50 - $75
Published bathing rates are only a guide. Actual charges may vary from visit to visit depending on length of coat, density of undercoat, matting, and dog's cooperation.
Haircuts and Tidy Trims
Full body cuts and Tidy Trims scheduled with our groomer are quoted on a case by case basis.
Actual charges may vary from visit to visit depending on length of coat, density of undercoat, matting, and dog's cooperation.
- Nail Trim (includes grinding) - $20
- Nail Trim (difficult) - $25 - 30
- Trim Feet - as quoted
- Anal Gland Expression - $15
- Teeth Brushing - $12
- Deshed Treatment - $15 - 35 upcharge
- Specialty Shampoo/Conditioner - $5 upcharge
- Extra Brushing/De-matting - as quoted
Call 314-963-PAWS (7297) for Appointment
At Happy Dog Spot, we want you and your dog to feel like family. You want what’s best for your dog, and we do too.
Happy Dog Spot has watched over our two greyhounds since 2007. We have used the daycare and overnight boarding services regularly. We know our dogs are tended to personally as they love going there. The staff at HDS know the personalities and needs of our dogs and go out of their way to accommodate them and us… We are very fortunate to have found great friends and support at HDS.
Keith W. & Carmen Q.
We could not have found a more friendly, affordable place to leave our dog during extended family vacations. Happy Dog spot offers a clean friendly environment with lots of play time and space to run and play. The awesome staff is always friendly and caring with all the dogs and their owners. I always walk away assured that my dog will be well cared for as if she were one of their own.
While we’re at work, it’s a wonderful feeling to know that our Yorkie dog is in a safe and secure environment. As he is a rescue dog, he is now much happier and healthier since coming to HDS. We can’t thank the staff enough for their time and attention they give him and us. He really enjoys his time there and is a very happy dog when he comes home after a busy day of play.
Kairo is not only happy after his day at Happy Dog Spot, but he is thoroughly exhausted—he comes home ready to eat his dinner and naps while we eat ours! The staff at HDS have taught him to be more obedient, as well as his increased social skills with the other dogs give us total peace of mind. We LOVE everyone at HDS!!
Genny gets so excited when we pull into the parking lot that she literally drags me up the stairs and runs into the back with hardly a backward glance at me. Tracy, Copper, Diane, and all the staff genuinely love our girl, and you can tell! She has stayed at HDS probably a couple dozen times, and I continue to be very pleased.
Clean, Positive Environment
We designed our 10,000 square-foot facility in Rock Hill to provide a clean, safe and enjoyable experience for all types of dogs. Our unique design allows for dogs to be separated into different play groups based on play-style and temperament. Each play group is escorted to one of our outdoor play yards on a regular schedule through out the day. We focus on lots of stimulating, interactive play for your dog. Game of fetch anyone?
We personalize care at Happy Dog Spot. Every day, we create a play space for both active socializing and quiet relaxing. Our staff takes the time to get to know your dog’s personality and individual needs. We evaluate every dog to make sure Happy Dog Spot is a good fit, and create a personalized care plan that works for you and your pup.
Safe, Structured Play
With certified veterinary technicians and experienced attendants on staff, we provide safe, structured care for dogs of all personalities and social skills. Stop by anytime to check out the fun!
Great Choice for your Family
At Happy Dog Spot, we want you to feel confident in your dog’s well-being and quality of care. We offer the same benefits to all dogs:
- Experienced, personalized care
- Certified vet techs on staff
- Low dog-to-staff ratios
- Safe, comfortable indoor and outdoor play
- Comprehensive daycare, boarding, and bathing services
Is Happy Dog Spot is the right spot for you and your dog?
- Complete Online Enrollment Form to schedule an evaluation and trial day of Daycare
- Documentation of Vaccinations (Rabies, Distemper, Bordetella, Canine Influenza)
- Negative Fecal within the last 6 months
- Puppies should be at least 12 weeks old and have minimum of 3 rounds of puppy shots
- Dogs older than 8 months of age must be spayed or neutered
- Pass a temperament evaluation
Our staff includes certified veterinary technicians and experienced attendants who love dogs and want to provide a great experience for your family. Our staff takes the time to get to know your dog’s personality and individual needs, then creates a personalized care plan that works for you and your pup.
We look forward to meeting you!
Operating Partner and OwnerMy name is Cindy Vickers and I’d like to thank you for the opportunity to introduce myself as the new operating partner and co-owner of Happy Dog Spot with a friendly “Hello”. As we transition to new ownership, I would like to extend a heartfelt “Thank You” to Tracy. She followed her heart’s desire by creating Happy Dog Spot 15 years ago. Tracy’s standard of care went above and beyond the norm of other boarding businesses and has become unique and fundamental to Happy Dog Spot. Tracy’s vision and contributions cannot be underscored enough.
As an owner and the hands-on operating partner, Cindy’s lifelong experience with dogs is dedicated to serving Happy Dog Spot’s loyal clients and staff.
Cindy has over 30 years of dog training experience both as a private instructor and working with businesses. Cindy has loved dogs for as long as she can remember. When she was a toddler, her mother would often find her in the neighbor’s yard cuddled up with their collie.
“I don’t have any memory of a time in my life that I wasn’t in love with dogs.”
Following her passion into adulthood, Cindy focused on working with dogs and their owners by taking training classes at Kennelwood Village and then apprenticing under Judy Strickland.
Today, Cindy has made a name for herself as a well-respected trainer with diverse experience, including:
● Founder & Executive Director of Loosen the Leash
o Developing dog training curriculum with over 60 units for incarcerated youth, ages 14-18, focused on peer mediation, social competency, adherence to program protocol including participating in Canine Good Citizen Test
o Placing 80 dogs in appropriate homes; dogs were all rescued from local shelters
● Mentoring at the Animal Behavior College – a requirement for students’ dog training certification
● Training service dogs, including Hearing Dogs for Deaf clients
● Earning the title of St. Louis Dog Trainer of the Year from Riverfront Times
● Instructing dog training classes at Kennelwood Village that had the highest retention rate of students; also responsible for boarding training
● Founding Absolutely Fabulous City Dogs, a mobile dog training company that taught dog training classes outdoors at city parks and sidewalks
● Coordinating volunteers for Support Dog’s T.O.U.C.H. (therapy dog) program
● Co-hosting the radio show All Things Animal with Dr. Doug Pernikoff
Cindy continues to hold a deep commitment to understanding how dogs learn, placing value in and focusing on providing the best caring environment.
Monday - Friday 7:00am - 6:30pm
Saturday 8am - Noon
Sunday 8am - Noon and 5 - 6 pm
Memorial Day: Office Closed
Independence Day: Office Closed
Labor Day: Office Closed
Thanksgiving Day: Office Closed
Black Friday: 8am - Noon; No Daycare
Christmas Eve: Office Closes at 4pm
Christmas Day: Office Closed
New Year's Eve: Office Closes at 4pm
New Year's Day: Office Closed